Saturday, July 15, 2006

John McCain Hearts Joe Lieberman

True Love That's what the headline of this New York Times article should have been! Reporter Mark Leibovich does a great job describing just how rough it is out on the campaign trail, and how mean the media, the bloggers, fellow Democrats, and the voters are to me. But the highlight of the article is when my long-time friend and colleauge John McCain tells it like it is:

Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona and one of Mr. Lieberman’s closest friends in the Senate, called him “one of the most decent men I have ever known” and simply shook his head when asked about his friend’s situation. “I hesitate to say anything nice about him, for fear that it would be used against him,” Mr. McCain said. “And that’s a terrible commentary on the state of politics and the political climate today.”

Thank you, Senator! See how smart Sen. McCain is? He compliments me by saying that I'm one of the most decent men he's ever met, and then completely contradicts himself by saying that he can't say anything nice about me because it will be used against me by hateful, deranged adversaries. I can only dream of having such political skill. That's straight talk at its best, folks!

The article goes on to discuss the low level of support that I'm getting from turncoat Dems like Al Gore (whose very existance is an inconvenient truth) and Harry Reid (the slogan "Give 'em Hell, Harry!" must not apply to vicious moonbat bloggers). It also mentions the Stamford pub event I did earlier in the week, but thankfully leaves out the part where I was verbally assaulted by a Ned Lamont campaign plant. I'm still seething at that one; sometimes Hadassah will catch me muttering "Maura and Lamont set me up!" around the house. I'll blog about it in more detail once I finally calm down.

But enough about that. The point is that on of my REAL FRIENDS stood up for me in the media. Me and John McCain...Best Friends Forever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John McCain hearts Lieberman: Reason 1,649,231 to vote for Ned Lamont

8:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

screw lieberman, check out which high school he went to, *cough* stamford high school.
guess how many times he decided to talk to the people from his own town, hardly.
what does that say?
lieberman extended his stay and why want our money back.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home