Monday, July 17, 2006

Joe2004 Gear Still Available!

in happier times...I think we're all a little bit nostalgic for the past. As time goes by in life, we tend to forget about the bad and remember the good. Nostalgia seems to be more popular than ever these days, with the 18 different versions of VH1's I Love the 80's, the millions of hits received by RetroJunk.com, and the public's neverending fascination with the Old Tymey 1997 Photo Booth. It doesn't even matter if something isn't that old; we're still nostalgic for it.

For me, the time that I most fondly remember isn't when I was marching with MLK in '64. It's not even when I got married or when my kids were born. The time that I'm most nostalgic for is my 2004 Presidential campaign. And as I just found out, you too can relive those glory days by purchasing authentic campaign gear! I thought we had thrown the pins and bumper stickers away and shipped all the surplus clothing off to homeless children in Nairobi, but I guess I was wrong.

Remember those good times now with a hat, lapel pin, or T-Shirt. Relive my classic three-way tie for third place in New Hampshire with a bumper sticker. Hurry, supplies are theoreticly limited. Volume discounts are available!

Yes, it was the peak of my career. The Glorious War of Iraqi Liberation was still popular, nobody had ever heard of Ned Lamont, and YouTube hadn't been invented yet. Bloggers were not yet a political force, and the voters of Connecticut weren't always harassing me. Oh, just thinking about it makes me want to put on some of my old Joe2004 buttons.

Yesterday
All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Joe, remember when Ned Lamont changed his mind on the Iraq war. Me neither.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home