Saturday, July 15, 2006

I kind of feel like a man-whore

Joe Gannon-Guckert Lieberman
Extremist blog MYDD is reporting that, according to filings from the Federal Elections Commission, I have received campaign contributions from 73 CEOs. Now I'm not sure if that's completely accurate (I sort of lost track myself) but I'll take their word for it. Here are some of the companies that these chief executives are in charge of:

Choicepoint
General Dynamics
Cisco Systems
Citigroup Property
Costco
Chicago Mercantile Exchange
Southwest Airlines
People's Bank
ING US Financial Services
Jetblue
Dominion
Loew's Hotels
Chiquita Brands
Pfizer

Remember that these are contributions from corporate leaders, not the companies themselves (that's a whole other story!). Now, I realize that 73 CEOs sounds like a lot, and I guess it probably is. Most of my acquaintences are only friends with like 40 or 50 corporate executives. And, yes, lots of this money comes with strings attached. But if a multi-trillionaire was trying to take YOUR Senate seat away, you might compromise your ideals a bit, too. Besides, I voted for corporate giveaways like the energy bill for a reason. It's time to cash in my chips!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue123 said...

Just emailed John Aravosis - this is right up his alley.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One Word: AWESOME!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Gordon said...

You should post a "liquid alert" before folks see that photo! :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Susan McIntosh Lewis said...

That's a seriously disturbing photo.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home