Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bubba Come And Save Me


President Bill Clinton will be stopping in Connecticut to campaign for me today. He's my secret weapon! How many Presidents have been campaigning for Ned Lamont? (Answer: ZERO!) It's great that my man Bill will be in town, especially since his wife hasn't been much help.

I've been getting a lot of crap from the Ned Lamont crowd for my stance against Clinton during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Look, the reason that I ranted against Bill Clinton on his infidelity was that what he did was morally reprehnsible, and any decent man of God would have condemed it (and I didn't get the nickname Holy Joe for nothing!). Besides, some even say that what I did saved Clinton's presidency. Even so, it was still a difficult experience for all concerned. Thankfully, George W. Bush has never done anything morally objectionable enough to deserve a lecture on the Senate floor.

Also coming in to support me today is Barbara Boxer. Boxer, whose name proudly resides on my Campaign Endorsements list along with such luminaries as Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly, is the only Democratic Senator to actually come to Connecticut and campaign for me. Joe Biden was supposed to come, but I guess he is **still** waiting for his train. But you'd think that Senator Boxer would have shown up on a different day than President Clinton; she would have gotten much more publicity that way. Hmmmm....usually Senators really revel in attention. I guess Babs is just being selfless and doing this without any regard for getting credit. Everybody send Barbara Boxer an e-mail and thank her for supporting me!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if ever there were a sign that the clintons are sell-outs...

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord Lieberman is the Dean Scream of 2006

Say it. Believe it.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Johnny Pez said...

The great thing about Democrats is that you can always count on them to stick by you when you're in trouble. Joe knows he's in trouble, and he knows he can rely on Bill Clinton to stick by him, because that's what Democrats do for each other.

And in return, Bill knows that he can rely on his fellow Democrat Joe to stick by him if he ever finds himself in trouble.

Because that's what Democrats do.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad Joe's not a Democrat. If he were, the voters would stick by him too.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, congrats on getting Bill to come campaign for you. Since you are so close to Bush, do you think you could get him to come campaign for you too?

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home